Accountant Search

The Certified Public Accountant Education Can Prepare You for a Career in Accounting

Certified Public Accountant is the statutory title that is given to the candidates who have passed the examination of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and along with that have met the additional requirements of the state that they wish to practice in. In many cases the individuals who have cleared the examination but have not acquired the required experience as well as not completed the criteria of the continuing education might be given the designation of the” CPA inactive” or any equivalent phrase. To get the designation of the CPA the candidate needs to clear the examination of the Unified Certified Public Accountant Examination, which is set by the American Institute of the Certified Public Accountants and is administered by the National Association of the State’s boards of Accountancy.

The individual state’s board of accounting set the eligibility criteria for sitting in the examination. The typical requirement is the US degree of graduation along with the minimum number of the credit hours. There is a minimum requirement of 5 years study that has been given the nomenclature of “150 hour rule”. Around 45 states in the U.S. have adopted the “150 hour rule”. In many cases oversees accountants can also become the CPAs and practice in the U.S. by sitting in the International qualification examination. This exam is an alternative to the uniform CPA exam that is meant for the citizens in the U.S as well as candidates across the globe who wants to sit in this exam.
The requirements that the states have for the CPA’s can be surmised as the ‘Three E’s’ that are the education, examination, as well as the experience. The education requirement is the qualification to sit in the examination for the CPA and the examination criteria is the Uniform CPA that is conducted across the U.S. There are many states that have the different systems of certifying as well as licensing the candidate to become the CPA. In some states, when the examination is passed the state then gives the certificate and once the sufficient experience is achieved the license is also granted. In many cases, the states give the certificate as well as the license once the examination is passed and the experience is gained.